24 August 2016
Did you know that:
- Periodontal disease makes it harder for patients with diabetes to control blood sugar.
- Periodontal disease may increase your risk for heart attack or stroke.
- Some medications can make periodontal disease worse.
- Genetics can be a factor in periodontal disease.
- If you even have the slightest amount of gum infection, bacteria from the mouth can enter the bloodstream and may cause a serious
infection of the heart or joints.
- Women with osteoporosis have a greater risk of periodontal bone loss.
- High levels of stress can reduce your body's immune defense.
- The most significant risk factor for periodontal disease is smoking.